Soldat was developed by Michał Marcinkowski (MM) beginning in November of 2001. MM is CEO of the independent game development group Transhuman Design and is also known for his work on games such as Crimson Glory, R & link-dead.
Soldat is coded in the Delphi programming language using the JEDI libraries. The first public beta (V 0.9.4b) was released on 09.05.2002. As time passed, the game changed from being developed exclusively by MM, to having many different developers that contribute in different ways, with MM still making the executive decisions for Soldat. Brief history of Soldat's head developers:
- 2001 - 2008 Michał Marcinkowski (MM)
- 2008 - 2010 Nick Cooper (EnEsCe)
- 2010 - 2016 Gregor. A. Cieslak (Shoozza)
- 2016 - 2017 Tomasz Kołosowski (Falcon)
- 2017 - 2018 Gregor. A. Cieslak (Shoozza)
- 2018 - present Paweł Drzazga (helloer) & Mariano Cuatrin (urraka)
MM has previously promised to release Soldat as open source if he ever stops working on it himself (roughly around 2008). But after few years of his decreasing activity on Soldat (due to work on other games) this idea was abandoned, and Soldat was taken over the wings of a few community members that develop the game voluntarily in order to keep it alive. Nowadays the thought of making Soldat opensource is floating again.
As of April 2018, Shoozza (Gregor A. Cieslak) is the lead developer of Soldat, with the current goal being to release the next version on Steam.
June 2018, Shoozza stepped down from the lead developer role to make way for a quicker pace development. The current dev leads are helloer & urraka.
- Computer, Keyboard, Mouse, Monitor
- OS: Windows XP
- Processor: 333mhz
- Memory: 32 MB RAM
- Graphics: OpenGL 2.1 Support (or higher)
- Network: Broadband Internet Connection
- Storage: 250 MB available space
Soldat has seven main dedicated game modes:
It also has three additional sub game modes:
There are also custom sub game modes, such as:
- Dodgeball (DB)
- Domination (DOM)
- Hide and Seek (H'n'S)
- Knife Only (KO)
- OneShots (OS)
- Pirates vs Ninjas
- Realistic Soldat/Counter Strike (RS/CS)
- TW (Trench Wars)
- TTW (Tactical Trench Wars)
See Weapons for a detailed description of each available weapon.
Fully described list of the default keys setup can be found Here.
Development Tools Used
Full list of Development tools used for previous versions and upcoming one can be found Here.
- E-mail: michal.marcinkowski<at>gmail.com
- E-mail (regarding registration): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Soldat Website: http://www.soldat.pl
- Soldat Forums: http://www.soldatforums.com
- Soldat Discord Server: http://gather.soldat.pl/discord