Hold the Flag
Hold The Flag (often abbreviated: HTF) is one of the seven default main game-modes in which there are two teams: Alpha & Bravo. It is a very similar concept to Pointmatch but in a team-based format. The team that holds the yellow flag gets points every couple of seconds.
- Point Limit - How many points are required for a team to win a round (map).
- HTF Points Time - Every 5 seconds the team holding the yellow flag is awarded 1 point.
- Time limit - In case the Point Limit is not reached, the round will end upon the set Time Limit.
- Re-spawn - players re-spawn after every death of their's (unless Survival mode is turned on).
- Re-spawn Time - How long does it take for a player to re-spawn after each death. Default is 2 to 5 seconds.
- Gain map experience: It's possible to test the maps offline in singleplayer mode, in order to explore map details and gain basic map knowledge.
- Stick together: Sticking together makes it easier to assist teammates. Preferably not too nearby one another, to not be an easy target for multiple frag. Not too close or you're an easy target.
- Higher positions: Usually gives a lot of advantage to a player. It is easier to gain map control and aim for head-shots.
- Look around: Helping and covering your team-mates stay alive will increase the chances of winning the match. Teamwork makes the dreamwork!
Back to: Game Modes